Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Repost from original Ghost blog November 12, 2006

Sunday, November 12, 2006
When Ghosty Met Human
As you know, my most exalted co-author is a spirit. He explained to me when I first made his acquaintance a year ago that etheric bodies are pure energy and that energy is invisible. However, in his joy at having someone talk to him rather than try to conjure his image (ok, the secret is out) for inane purposes of (in his words) "some sort of half-assed black magic," he blew out the mechanism of an external hard drive I had attached to my computer at the time in an attempt to make himself visible to me. I was scanning a photograph of him when the lights in the room flickered and I heard a sickening clunking noise from the external drive. The computer no longer recognized the existence of this device. Initially I thought that I had really misunderstood my perceptions of this spirit and that he really was as malevolent as certain factions would like to believe him to be. However, he apologized profusely, begged me not to hate him (this is the one and only time I've ever known him to beg--he's generally pretty obstinate by nature) and explained that he was so happy that I had recognized his true personality that he was trying to make himself visible to me so he could thank me for my friendship. I told him that it was all right but that he now owed me $1000, because the hard drive had cost $200 and extracting the data from it would cost $800. I was only joking, and he has more than paid me off by his wonderful contributions to my writing. He's the one that makes the story interesting, if the truth is to be told.
However, after he (or, more specifically, the vibrations of his energy) nearly cooked my television remote on another occasion when he was trying to make himself visible to me, I asked him to please think of me as blind when it comes to spirits before he destroyed every piece of electronic equipment that I owned. I have only seen one spirit with my physical eyes.
"If you had a friend who was blind, you wouldn't pull on their eyeballs to try and make them see you, would you?" I said.
Wrong question to ask this guy. I "saw" him in my mind giving me a wicked smirk and "heard" him laughing.
"Actually, no," he said after a moment. "But I think you forgot who you're talking to."
I "see" and "hear" spirits in my mind and I sense their emotions. I'm not good at picking up things like names and usually, because spirits communicate in pure thought, I perceive impressions rather than exact sentences. Occasionally I will receive a thought that is specifically worded.
The specific circumstances of our first meeting are detailed in the outro to our book. Once it is sent for publication, I will pre-publish it here.
Yours in Unconventionality,
Lily
(Is "Unconventionality" a word? I'll have to look it up sometime.)

No comments: