Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Journey

This is the journey of a medium, and the spectral friend that she wrote a book with. This particular ghost is very special in many ways, one of them being that his soul is divided into several personalities. In life, had anyone had the knowledge to properly analyze him, they would have realized that he had dissociative identity disorder (the fun mental health condition formerly known as multiple personality disorder. The medium, by the way, has the fun mental health condition currently known as type II bipolar disorder. No, Bipolar II does NOT invoke hallucinations. Let's get that question out of the way right now.)
This place will include re-issue posts from a blog that we recently closed. Why would this be done rather than simply open the other blog to the public? Because some of the posts will be rewritten for public consumption. The old blog was for people whom we felt were "of a mind" only, and therefore we all felt free to "let it all hang out," so to speak. It became apparent a few months ago that not everyone there was "of a mind," and as a result, none of us felt free to speak freely. This is important only to us, of course. But we will tell why it is important.
For Lily (the medium) it affected my ability to honestly transcribe what I was receiving. I felt as if I was under a microscope. After a time I was not only unable to transcribe what I was receiving, my ability to receive was severely impaired.
For the protector personality of my spectral friend's soul it felt as if he had found people whom he could trust to tell the truth, and then they decided that he wasn't real. In essence, not only what he was saying was a lie, he was himself a lie. As this is one of the more troubled personalities in the soul complex, it was very difficult for him to feel this way and he became withdrawn.
So what is different here?
We're going to tell an abbreviated version of the truth. Things that are too raw to reveal for public consumption simply won't be revealed. They will remain protected. That way, if visitors decide they believe the spirits that the medium communicates with to be merely a product of the medium's imagination, it won't be quite as personal. Perhaps it doesn't make sense to the reader, but it makes sense to us.
We welcome polite people of whatever belief system, but we will not tolerate argument for argument's sake, proselytizing, or belittling. Trolls and fundies of whatever religion or philosophy (including hardcore atheists) are cordially invited to step off. The same is to be said for "trve" whatevers that insist on forcing their opinion on others. The reason for this will become clear as time goes on.
We also promise that we will change this boring template ASAP. Blogger is having issues with making changes to layouts right now.

6 comments:

Lily Strange said...

About the template--it is now black. And it won't get no better because I started adding stuff to the sidebar. Impatience--it's such a virtue.

Speranza said...

Gosh, I'm sorry you've been having such blog problems. If it may be a small consolation, I'm am enjoying your book a great deal :)

Lily Strange said...

Speranza,
Thanks--that made my night :-)
I'm not entirely sure it's blog problems as such...maybe it's just "me" problems. I tend to be too sensitive about stuff. Which might be part of being a "sensitive" when it comes to spirits. The other blog problems were just me being a doofus. Bipolar disorder does not tend to instill patience, and I'm a pretty impatient soul anyway!

Ethereal Highway said...

I am so glad to be able to read here. I look forward to reading what all the aspects of the spirit have to say. I can sure understand how it caused withdrawal for him to be received in the way that he was. I wouldn't want to share with people who thought I was nothing more than a figment of someone's imagination, either. I don't blame him one little bit. Please let him know there are some who understand.

Shadow Lurker said...

For now, simply THANK YOU!
It means something to one who always felt misunderstood by all.

Lily Strange said...

I think we're all having to learn to trust the process again.
Thank you, EH.